Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and you spend a significant amount of time and money on the day and all the elements that go around the edges. This includes the flowers, cake, food for the reception, music and the all-important photographs of the day. After all the time and effort and money you have spent it is key to make sure that you have some beautiful reminders of your day. A Wedding Photographer or one near to your location is the best way to go to make sure that you get the pictures that you want but it can be useful to do a little bit of preparation yourself and make a checklist of what you want.
A Professional Wedding Photographer will appreciate that you have taken the time to think about those elements that you really want to capture as it will help them provide you the best possible photographs that they can. You wouldn’t walk into a hairdresser without having an idea of what you want doing and your photographs should be no different.
Here are a few ideas to help, of course, make sure you utilize the skills and expertise of your photographer for suggestions as well:
- Wedding invitation
- The location – Make sure to get pictures of the building and surrounding areas especially if it’s in a beautiful location, for instance, a Gloucester Hotel Wedding Venue. If you want to look at what is included why not pop onto sites like hatton-court.co.uk/gloucester-cotswolds-weddings to get an idea.
- Getting ready – it is worth having the photographer take pictures of the bride and groom if it is possible to take pictures of both people when they are getting ready. Including the bride having her hair and makeup was done along with putting on her wedding dress. One of my favorite pictures from my wedding is of my wedding dress being done up at the back.
- Images of the bouquet and other flower
- Candid pictures of the bridal party enjoying themselves in the run-up to the wedding ceremony along with fun snaps of everyone at the reception and evening gathering.
- A popular option is to have a photo capturing your first look. This is where the bride and groom choose to meet each other before the ceremony so that they can spend a few moments alone and the first time they lay eyes on each other in the wedding dress and suit are captured forever in print.
- Alongside these the more traditional photographs will be taken of the ceremony, the moments after the ceremony and the reception and evening gathering.